Monday, January 12, 2004

The King of Cambodia

Cambodia's King Sihanouk is now a blogger, according to an article today on BBC News. Having lived in Cambodia for a time, I was interested in checking it out. The site is www.norodomsihanouk.info.

I did have a look and can't quite find where the King is doing a blog function as referred to in the BBC article. I'll keep looking, because for all the guy's eccentricies, I'm sure his blog would be an interesting read.

For years, he's put out a palace newsletter, with articles penned by him, as well as "letters to the editor" he likely wrote himself and Q&A-style interviews he conducted with himself.

The reason I write about the King in this forum is that he's also a filmmaker, producing, directing, writing and starring in his own pictures. I've never actually seen any of his works, but they are generally not well regarded by critics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, no questions or comments about where to download movies or subtitle files.

Please read the FAQ about Thai films on DVD before asking about where to find a Thai movie on DVD with English subtitles.

Make your comments pertinent to the post you are commenting on. For off-topic comments, general observations or news tips, consider sending an e-mail to me at wisekwai [ a t ] g m a i l [d o t ] c o m.

All comments are moderated. Spam comments will be deleted.